Crowne Plaza Adelaide have identified an interesting trend – short notice weddings are on the rise.
The leading Adelaide wedding venue has noticed an increasing number of engaged couples are completely bucking the trend of planning their big day a year or two in advance. Instead, many are choosing to book their nuptials at short notice.
Whilst this may not be the best approach for the gal (or guy) who has always dreamed of an enormous wedding, there are definite benefits to organising the event quickly. With a sensible approach and help from the experts at the Crowne Plaza Adelaide, a short notice wedding can make for an incredibly special celebration.
So what’s the big hurry? Many couples have said that they can’t to wait to become ‘Mr and Mrs’, and that that they want to keep costs and stress to a minimum.
Those who have ‘been there, done that’ have a few tips to achieve a beautiful wedding within a short timeframe:
- Keep things simple. A small amount of time to get organised forces you to focus on what is really important: your budget, the guest list and the style of your wedding.
- Work out a realistic budget and prioritise what is really important to you about the big day (perhaps the dress and food), and compromise on the things that you are less concerned about. Crowne Plaza Adelaide wedding co-ordinator Hannah Sharp has noticed many couples are foregoing paying for fancy bridal cars because their service and inner-city reception venue are so close by.
- There will be no time for agonising over bombonieres. After all, drunk people do not care about sugared almonds!
- Think outside the box – Crowne Plaza Adelaide have accommodated Friday evening and Sunday afternoon weddings when the venue has been unavailable on Saturday night.
- Set up a free website for your wedding that will keep your guests fully informed. Be sure to add a link for your gift registry.
- There may not be time for a customised wedding dress, but there is an ever increasing number of off-the-rack options available, often at a very reasonable price. Your groom may want to consider renting a suit, or he can check out the on-trend range from Zara or Topman.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help – a quick shout out for assistance and recommendations on social media may well surprise you – with cake makers, photographers, DJ’s and florists coming out of the woodworks. Even better, the Crowne Plaza Adelaide has a dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator who will use their expert knowledge to ensure that you have a wonderful wedding.
- Keep in mind that people in South Australia need to register their intention to marry at least one month before the ceremony. If you are planning on going on an overseas honeymoon, make sure that your passport has at least six months validity from the date that you will return to Australia.
Not all venues can accommodate short-notice weddings, but the award-winning Crowne Plaza Adelaide can and has! It is the perfect place to celebrate a short-notice wedding service and reception. Boasting stunning views of the Adelaide Hills; this gorgeous, modern and well-appointed hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city’s East End.
Your Crowne Wedding Co-ordinator will plan and carry out a wonderful experience, guided by your wishes and expectations. Your fully inclusive package will come together seamlessly, with high levels of service and excellent bridal contacts. We love that your wedding can be tailored with complete design flexibility, including special touches that reflect your individuality and cultural traditions. A last minute wedding does not need to be costly – keep within your budget thanks to the Crowne Plaza Adelaide’s transparent and reasonable pricing. And after your brilliant wedding, enjoy a complimentary night of accommodation for yourselves and discounted room rates for your guests!
The Wrap Up
Celebrate your wedding at the Crowne Plaza Adelaide
For more information and to make an enquiry, click HERE