If you want to impress a lover this Valentine’s Day, or if you’re looking for something a little out of the ordinary, or even if you’re trying to rekindle the home fires, Valentine’s gift shopping for your significant other can be a tricky business.
So tricky in fact that She Shopped called in the experts and turned to hardtofind.com.au founder Eri Stewart to get her top 10 gift recommendations for Valentine’s Day gifts for him and her.
Top 10 Valentine’s Day gifts for him:
- A leather identity bracelet is a wonderful personalised and tailored gift for your man to show him you care. Available in black or grey, the bracelet – with his name, a message, or your anniversary engraved – is beautiful combination of braided leather and sleek stainless steel. Just the thing for the man in your life.
- Celebrate where you met him, where he’s from or where you’re destined to travel with a pair of personalised wooden cufflinks. Individually crafted in the UK from genuine walnut wood, with silver-plated findings, these subtle and stylish keepsakes adorned with a map of your choice are the perfect gift for your fiancé, husband or partner, and would be an excellent wedding gift for your groomsmen or best man. We love that these bespoke cufflinks – available in square or circular findings – are distinctive, unusual and romantic.
- Better than a mixtape, this personalised disc keepsake box is a custom-made case for your music and photos. Create a playlist of your couple songs and record your memories of precious moments together. With two lines of text in stunning typography, and the added option of a personalised message on the reverse, this memento is a great gift for Valentine’s Day and anniversaries.
- What’s more romantic than a message in a bottle? Eri recommends this gorgeous ‘moon and back’ message bottle‘ for your lover this Valentine’s Day. Featuring a tiny moon inside a miniature glass bottle with an engraved tag reading, “I love you to the moon and back” (with the option of a name being engraved on the tag), this adorable token of love is one to treasure. You can send gratitude messages in a bottle to one another throughout the year, so it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
- For couples who bond over couch time, cuddles and Chinese takeaway, this super-cute mug is a great gift! And he’ll love the reminder to pick up takeaway on the way home, too. Celebrate your love of all things comfortable with this drinking vessel by Bread & Jam – purveyors of happy.
- For a romantic twist on the dog tag trend, Eri recommends gifting your fella a personalised sterling-silver pendant. Hand stamped in Australia by Koolaman, it’s made to order and can include both your names and anniversary for a cool token of love between you both.
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways in this personalised ‘reasons I love you’ book‘. Decorated with your man’s name on the front, and heaps of space inside for your love letters, drawings, photos and memories, it’s a tailor-made scrapbook of your time together. With quotes inside from prominent figures complemented by your own words of desire and devotion, it is the perfect gift for lovers of language.
- Show him he’s just your type with this completely adorable mini typewriter love notes set. Included in the set are five, “I love you because…” notes, each with a labelled envelope, so you can add your thoughts to the note cards and they can be treasured forever. The most adorable part is the miniature wooden, Kawaii-style typewriter, which is a cardholder for your love notes. Record your love story in cute notes to each other!
- Tell him you love him in code with these personalised wooden cufflinks engraved with the coordinates of where you met, married or first kissed. Sustainably made with cherry wood veneer, the cufflink backs are sterling silver and incredibly handsome. Engrave a secret message on the back and personalise the front with your destination of love
- Show him your love is wheel! For lovers of cycles, this awesome T-shirt by Après Vélo will show him you wheely dig him and are in for the long ride.
Top 10 Valentine’s Day gifts for her:
- Give her a piece of your heart and 15 pieces of jigsaw with a personalised message this Valentine’s Day. A jigsaw with your own words of love will woo her and have her puzzled! In a range of colours on hardwood back with a gloss shellac top, this romantic gesture would be an adorable way to propose…
- Whether you have impending nuptials, plan to pop the question or just want a gorgeous bespoke jewellery box, this personalised couples ring box is the sweetest thing. Each personalised box is made to order using solid wood with engraved detail.
- A love letter to last a lifetime will steal her heart this Valentine’s Day! A beautiful 24k gold envelope locket on a gold-filled chain with your personalised message written on the wooden letter inside is a stunning gift for the lady in your life. Handmade, with a bird charm delivering the envelope, this necklace with your words of love engraved will melt her heart.
- Give her the key to your heart and also to your door on a solid pewter key ring that reads, “You mean the world to me” with a map of the world on the reverse. You can personalise the key ring by adding small charms, each with an initial, number, heart or infinity symbol, which sit either side of the main token.
- Give her the world in a box this Valentine’s Day from hardtofind.com.au. Eri recommends a map heart box, where you choose the location. Decorated with a small map heart, featuring your choice of map from anywhere in the world, this keepsake box will hold your treasures and show where you’ve been and where you’re going. Have your initials engraved on the front and a message inside and give the gift of precious memories this year.
- Anyone can give jewellery to the one they love, but by having it custom made, you’re showing her she’s worth something very special. A silver-plated necklace with a hand-stamped charm of your choice will woo her and let her know you care.
- Bring her breakfast in bed with a difference! The love tray by Catherine Colebrook is absolutely gorgeous. It comes with a message that says, “I have brought you breakfast in bed today because” – and you get to fill in the reason. Make her smile in the morning with this adorable gesture.
- A unique and, frankly, very cool gift idea from Eri at hardtofind.com.au is a personalised wooden sound wave locket. The small, brass locket has a subtle metallic galaxy coloured finish and is on a bronze curb chain. Inside is a wooden token which is laser cut with an engraved soundwave of your personal message to your lover. You send a voice recording of your message of love to makers Newton and the Apple and they will immortalise your sound to treasure forever.
- Celebrate your love story alongside lovers from the ages by gifting her a famous lovers print with your names on it. Your’s and your partner’s names feature next to the likes of Popeye and Olive Oyl, Romeo and Juliet, Barbie and Ken, and Yoko and John.
- She will love a personalised Addison pendant in rose gold. A perfect everyday piece that she will treasure, the classic slider pendant can be engraved with a single letter monogram or up to three short words. Can you think of three short words to say on Valentine’s Day? We thought so!
With free standard shipping and express post available, hardtofind.com.au have some of the best ideas for unique, bespoke gifts to show your love and appreciation on Valentine’s Day.