According to a recent survey by the University of Sydney, 93% of expectant mothers believe that women should be informed about cord blood banking during pregnancy.
Are you informed?
Every expectant parent should understand what the potential of their baby’s cord blood may be. Cord blood contains a diverse mixture of cells; the most important being stem cells which have the ability to create and heal our organs, blood tissue and immune system. Umbilical cord stem cells are an important resource because they are:
- Used in the treatment of over 80 conditions
- A perfect genetic match for your child
- More likely to be a match for siblings
Cord blood can only be collected and stored at birth for potential future use. It is important to understand your options so that you can make an informed decision regarding your baby’s stem cells.
Cell Care is Australia’s largest and most experienced cord blood and tissue bank. It is also the leader in research, education, customer service and innovation. Parents of more than 25,000 babies have stored with Cell Care. The process is reassuringly straightforward:
- Complete Cell Care’s simple 4-step online enrolment. The process takes approximately ten minutes.
- A collection kit will be sent to your home when you are 34 weeks or later into your pregnancy. You will take the collection kit to hospital when it is time to deliver your baby.
- The collection of cord blood and tissue is performed by a trained Cell Care collector, obstetrician or midwife.
- The collection will be processed immediately by the Cell Care laboratory.
- You will receive confirmation of the storage status of your baby’s cord blood and tissue.
Parents can choose to pay upfront or select from a 12 or 24 month payment plan. Cord blood storage for 18 years starts from as little as $145 per month on a 24-month payment plan.
Come and see Cell Care Australia at the Adelaide Pregnancy Babies and Children’s Expo
Cell Care is exhibiting at the upcoming Adelaide Pregnancy Babies and Children’s Expo at the Showgrounds, Wayville from Friday 7th to Sunday 9th April, 2017. You will be able to visit the team from Cell Care at stand #H06 and have a personal discussion with their experienced midwives.
Cell Care is also offering all She Shopped readers and visitors to the Adelaide Pregnancy Babies and Children Expo the opportunity to win cord blood and tissue storage for 25 years, valued at $5,175. Click here to enter.
The Wrap Up
Cell Care – Storing stem cells for the future
Visit the Cell Care Australia website HERE