We all know Audi is a leading brand in style, safety and prestige, and their new Q2 packs all that into a stylish, compact SUV. She Shopped founder Lucy Cornes checked out the affordable luxury car with automotive expert Ben Finnis, thanks to Audi Solitaire.
What Lucy and Ben love about the all new Audi Q2?
Look and style:
- The space! The Q2 is big enough for her whole family: Lucy, three boys and a husband, but compact enough to be comfortable and easy to manoeuvre.
- The value. With finance, you could be driving this car in South Australia for around $169 a week.
- Especially across the back seat and boot. The compact SUV has plenty of storage space and is comfortable for long trips or zipping about town.
The high tech systems:
- The technology. The Q2 has an MMI infotainment screen positioned high on the instrument panel with a push button on the centre tunnel to control it. There’s also MMI Navigation, a Wi-Fi hotspot (so passengers can surf the net on their phones). Lucy used it as a mobile office for a week and couldn’t fault the connectivity.
- The navigation system. The menu and touchpad on the controller means you can navigate with a stroke of a finger.
- The reverse camera. The screen is high resolution and easy to use.
- How much her kids love it! The boys said, “This is the coolest car!”
- Lucy says the visibility is beautiful.
- The car grips the road, so it handles safely and makes for a comfortable trip.
How economical the Q2 is:
- He says the entry level price makes room in the market for a car like this one where people can enjoy the luxury, without the huge price tag.
- The Q2 is stylish, comfortable and sleek. Ben loves the look of the car and its features.
- It’s only four metres long, so Ben says it’s easy to park and manoeuvre.
- The safety (5-star rating) options like Audi pre sense front, adaptive cruise control with stop and go function, Audi side assist, active lane assist, park assist and rear cross traffic assist make this an attractive option for all drivers.
- The driver sits low and sporty, relative to the steering wheel, while still enjoying the visibility an SUV offers.
- Ben says the Q2 handles beautifully. The seats are comfortable, the steering wheel is nice and the display on the dash is accessible so you’re not having to drop your eyes from the road to see it.
- Ben is impressed with the power of the vehicle. It’s available in petrol and diesel, and is available in two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive (quarto).
What’s the Audi got that other SUVs haven’t?
- The Audi Q2 is young, cool, stylish and spacious. It’s sporty yet safe, muscular yet sleek and it’s fit for a family or for the squad.
- It’s compact but spacious. With wide opening doors, high sills and a huge cabin for passengers, the Q2 is deceptively large.
- Three-way split-folding rear seats with a large cargo pass-through in the middle seat. So whether you’re transporting skis, curtain rods or flat pack furniture, the Audi Q2 has you and your lifestyle sorted.
- It’s affordable. This luxury car is reasonably priced, suiting a variety of budgets. Check out Audi’s finance options.
The final word:
Ben: This is one of the best cars we’ve ever reviewed. This is a fantastic car.
Lucy: This is an exciting time for Audi. I think people need to get in and have a test drive.