ASHFORD HOSPITAL IS INVESTING IN THE FUTURE OF THEIR PATIENTS BY UNDERTAKING AN EXCITING DEVELOPMENT PROJECT.
Ashford Hospital is the largest private, not-for-profit hospital in Adelaide, serving the South Australian Community for over 65 years. The hospital is currently undergoing a $33 million development project.
Ashford Hospital is fully equipped with the highest level of private critical care, neonatal and maternal care available in South Australia, supported by on-site medical imaging, radiology and pathology. It is also home to angiography and acute cardiac units.
Their Emergency Department is open between 8am and 10pm daily, and the Chest Pain Unit is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assess any patients with chest pain or cardiac related symptoms
The Ashford Hospital development began in December, 2017. The upgrade will create a new and more streamlined, state of the art facility that will provide patients with the very best of care.
The development is going according to plan, with many project milestones already achieved, including:
- A new operating theatre, upgrades of the existing operating theatres and the refurbishment of the patient recovery area.
- The main entrance has also been refurbished, with the addition of a new reception area and pharmacy.
- A new, six-bed Chest Pain Unit has been completed on the first floor.
- A new Sacred Space available to patients, visitors and staff for quiet reflection.
- The upgrade and expansion of the Day Procedure Unit has been completed.
- A new street-front cafe on Marleston Avenue.
- New accommodation for patients, located on the first floor, has opened, including the 24-bed ‘Unley’ ward.
- Mechanical services, including the air conditioning, have been replaced and the fire systems have been upgraded.
The project is continuing and patient accommodation upgrades are still in progress. Ashford Hospital is undergoing a face-lift, with a new facade currently being installed.
The development of Ashford Hospital is expected to be completed by March 2020. In the meantime, the comfort of patients and visitors remains their first priority.
For more information, visit Ashford Hospital online here.